Sunday, September 1, 2013

Make It Happen Workout

M-I-H  
MAKE IT HAPPEN
WORKOUT

This is one of my simple, go to workouts. That's not to say it isn't intense, but it's very doable and you don't need a gym or any special equipment. I've designed it to be quick, effective and target all the major muscle groups with an added core-blaster. As always, check with your doctor before beginning any new exercise routine, drink plenty of water, take time to warm-up and stretch, take breaks if you need them and stop if you're experiencing any pain or dizziness.

Warm-up/Stretch for about 5 minutes (jog in place, walk, skip rope, etc.)


Complete a MINIMUM of 30 minutes cardio activity. (Biking, jogging, kick-boxing, power-walking, etc.) Put in one minute cardio interval "bursts"---this is how you up the intensity and push yourself harder. Do this every 4-5 minutes to really burn some serious calories and get your heart rate up.


500 Crunches ---- Yes, this sounds daunting but if you break it up into sections of 100 at a time it'll go by in a flash. Change 'em up---traditional, full sit-ups, leg drops, etc.


6 Yinyasas ---- Do this six times in a row, great for upper body, core and your mind! 
a) begin in down dog b) flow through to plank c) lower to chatarunga d) flow through to up dog e) return to down dog. Make sure you inhale and exhale through the moves, and don't rush it!


30 Squats

30 Triceps Dips

30 Alternating Lunges


Take a break, stretch, drink some more water. I'd love to know how you feel after your workout today, what was the hardest part? The best part? Your feedback is important to me! Thanks for taking the time to check out my site.

Healthy Best, Laura McDonald

2 comments:

  1. This is also a great workout if away on business travel and don;t have gym access.

    Phil
    www.blog.theregularguynyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to do the workouts regularly but the thing is I do not get enough time for such activities. Cardio and yoga are favorites in my weight loss program. Usually I walk fast up to the gym which allows me to have a minor warm up. At gym I do triceps dips, pushups etc. Thanks for sharing the information with us.

    ReplyDelete