Sunday, January 15, 2012

Confessions Of A Personal Trainer 1/6/12



January 6, 2012
I’m sitting in a cool little cafe on Columbus and 72nd Street, having a cup of coffee and waiting for the breakfast special, these amazing Argentinian baked eggs. And even though I’m always trying to lose five/ten pounds I like to eat and I feel like I deserve this breakfast.  (I order salad instead of the potatoes and whole grain toast with olive oil instead of butter, I’m always trying.) 



I just got through teaching my boot-camp class at a studio up the street.  I kicked 5 ladies asses, well, 6, including myself.  For one hour we kick-boxed, squatted, lunged, jumped, punched, push-upped, crunched, lifted weights and sweated like crazy. I had some great mash-ups playing loud and at times the six of us were so in sync we could have been doing a number on Broadway.  



My moves aren’t complicated, but when we’re all on the beat and moving as one I get chills.  We are high, us ladies, high on life...It’s an endorphin rush, an organic, natural high, a zen like state.  As a group experience, in that moment, we are connected and even though it sort of sucks, to be working out like a maniac, we are all loving it.  (I hope I’m not making too much of an assumption here, ladies, but you do come back for more!) 

FLASHBACK:!:!:!:
Working out on my own at the tiny little Paris Health Club in 80's NYC...
FAST FORWARD:!:!:!
Where are my baked eggs?

No comments:

Post a Comment